Tuesday, September 9, 2008

We invented the blog.

The other day, my husband reminded me that we actually invented the blog. I was glad he reminded me, because I had forgotten, but he's right: we did invent the blog.

We had our own website, featuring our last name, back in the day when most people thought it was crazy to have your own website (well, except for my brother and father, who also had their own websites, but I digress). On this web log, which is to say, blog, we used to give informative and entertaining updates of our daily life. Like the time we decided to spend three months and countless time, energy and money replacing our own roof. We tore the old roof off in October, and got the new roof finished right after the first snow in January. It was a lot of fun, and I'm sure that our family members can attest to the degree of excitement and anticipation they felt over our sometimes daily updates.

Without further ado, here is a brief sampling: one page from the roof "blog," and another from August 2001, when dear 'ole Dust passed away. The quality of the images isn't great, since I'm scanning pages that were printed years ago (you know, back when the blog was invented), but, I think that you can still appreciate the historical nature of these, the very first blogs known to man. (It's true, just ask Al Gore.)



No comments: