Because I know you'll ask...no, it didn't make me sad to take my "biggest big girl," Sallie to her first day of kindergarten today! It did, however, make me sad to take her two younger sisters, Eliza and Reagan to the school that they all three attended last year without her. It's an interesting phenomenon, the sadness of being the one(s) left behind when someone takes off on an exciting new adventure. Luckily, it was a fleeting feeling of sadness for me, which hit me when I parked the car and ended as soon as I started to cross the street with my younger two girls on either side of me, each holding a hand. This is an exciting adventure for them, too, after all!
Smile, girls!

A little more enthusiasm!

A little more enthusiasm, Reagan!

Sallie's First Day at Elementary School
Big Girl Alert!

As my dad said to me recently, "It's hard to believe that it's the start of another school year...it's always my favorite time of the year: a fresh start with renewed energy and optimism." I wholeheartedly agree...here's to fresh starts
and renewed energy and optimism, for both the students
and their parents!
No comments:
Post a Comment