Wednesday, December 10, 2008

An Apology to Santa

Dear Santa,
I wanted to apologize to you on behalf of my father, who usurped your power to give me the most special gift of Christmas. You see, he knows that I love photography (I know that you do, too--you know everything), but he beat you to the punch when he gave me this wonderfully exciting early Christmas gift: a new Canon EOS Rebel XSi Digital SLR camera.

It arrived last night, and it was love at first sight. And so I wanted to apologize, because Christmas morning came early for me this year. (But please don't be too upset--I still have three little girls who can't wait to see what you bring them!)

Sincerely,
Me

ps In case you're wondering, like I was, what the heck 'EOS' means, my good friends at this website offer this explanation:

What does “EOS” mean?
Canon’s line of autofocus-capable SLR cameras is sold under the name EOS. This stands for “electro-optical system” but is also meant to be a reference to Eos, a Greek goddess of the dawn. Some people pronounce it like the goddess (ee-oss) and others as separate letters (ee-oh-ess).

Dear Dad & Katherine,
Thank you, thank you, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!!!!

Love,
Me

Here are a few first photos. Expect great things from my new *Greek goddess of the dawn* camera!!

This photo says, "Wow, I love your new camera! You are the best photographer ever!"


This photo says, "Wow, you're able to get unusually close with your new wonderfully exciting camera."


Look, ma--I adjusted the aperture and blurred the background
(thanks, high school photography teacher!)
ps time to cut those toe nails!


This photos says, "I still love your new camera and I still think that you're the best photographer ever, but please get that thing away from me."


"Mommy, I love your new camera! I will let you take a million photos of me as long as you let me hide in your laundry closet!"


"Mom, I love you new camera, too, but your flash is awfully BRIGHT."


"Hi, Mommy. I love your new camera and I don't mind your bright flash. I will be your most patient subject! By the way, you are not only the best photographer ever, but also the best mommy ever!"


"Merry Christmas!!!"

1 comment:

Beth Murray said...

cute letter and awesome pictures!