Sunday, February 22, 2009

Secret Keeper


Sallie: "Mom, what do you call that thing that big girls keep their secrets in?"

Mom: "You mean a diary?"

Sallie: "Yep, I'm making one. How do you spell 'Dear Diary, Today I went to the circus?'"

Mom: "Aww, but you didn't go to the circus today."

Sallie: "I know. I'm just making it up."

Mom: "Oh, a diary with made-up secrets. That's cute, Sal."


2 comments:

Unknown said...

The ramifications of this are mind boggling.

My mother to my sister (60+ at the time):"One thing you can say for me. I always respected your privacy, never read your diary."

Response: "Well, at least you could've shown a little interest."

If you're a Mom who "shows interest," how're you going to distinguish truth from fiction!

3 for girls said...

Good question! And definitely something I hadn't considered (I sure hope she didn't kiss anyone at the circus!)